Here we are again, the end of another holiday weekend and this is when a lot people are feeling guilty about over indulging.
People’s immediate response is to crash diet to get rid of the extra weight and hit the gym twice as hard, but a lot of this excess weight is due to bloating and water weight, which you can get rid of in a couple days.
This is not to say that you should get rid of the water weight then go back to eating less nutritious foods, but while you are getting back into your routine of eating healthy and going to the gym do these things below as well to speed up the process of losing that extra bloat.
1. Drink water and lots of it! This may seem counter intuitive, but the reason why your body is so bloated and holding onto water is because of salt and dehydration. Drinking a ton of water will flush all of this out while rehydrating yourself.
- Try to get in at least 64 ounces
2. Drink dandelion root tea. Again, this helps with getting in that fluid while also detoxifying and acting as a natural diuretic. This tea is good hot or cold and if it is too strong for you, mix it with unsweetened green tea. Add in some lemon for an extra boost of antioxidants.
3. Eat high water content fruits and vegetables. These would include melons and veggies like cucumbers.
- A delicious way to get both of these things into your diet is to make a smoothie out of the two. Blend together half a cucumber, hand full of melon, ice and water.
4. Sweat it out. You are holding onto a lot of water and toxins and the next best way to get rid of them, second to peeing them out, is sweating them out. Pick any kind of workout that gives you a good sweat and get on it!
5. Stay away from the salty foods, this will only make things worse. If you are getting back into your healthy diet then this should be easy to do.
After a few days of incorporating these simple things into your diet you will notice that your bloat has decreased and so has your weight.