HEALTHY PUMPKIN RECIPES
In honor of national pumpkin day and my favorite time of the year here are some healthy recipes to gobble up some pumpkin.
And here is why pumpkin is so good for you:
1 cup of pumpkin
- Excellent source of Vitamin A, C and E
- Extremely low in calories
- Good source of B-Complex vitamins
- Rich in minerals such as copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus
Don’t forget about the pumpkin seeds!
100grams of seeds
- Provides fiber and mono-unsaturated fats
- A concentrated amount of protein
- Extremely rich in iron, niacin, selenium, zinc and tryptophan
NOW FOR THE RECIPES:
PUMPKIN GRANOLA BARS
PUMPKIN WAFFLES (MY FAVORITE)
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS
WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS (ANOTHER FAVORITE)
PORK AND PUMPKIN CHILI (I USE PORK TENDERLOIN TO MAKE IT HEALTHIER)
SKINNY STARBUCKS PUMPKIN SCONES
PUMPKIN PIE OVERNIGHT OATS
SWEET AND SAVORY PUMPKIN SEEDS
CHEESY PUMPKIN PASTA
AND ONE FOR THE PUPS!